Human Resource Professional
Canton, Ohio Area
A dedicated and talented human resource professional, with broad and diverse expertise that encompasses orientation programs, benefits and compensation, training and development, staffing, selection, and recruiting, payroll administration, EEO and AA, financial administration, vendor management, and file management. Utilizes extensive experience and outstanding communication skills to coordinate between departments and employees to keep operational plans on track. A detail-oriented and performance-driven producer, who provides excellent support and helps improve department processes, procedures, and operations.
DOVER CORPORATION, Kent, Ohio
HR Generalist, 2017-2019
Oversaw payroll processing, performance management, and on-boarding and exit interviews. Directed team-building, employee relations, and benefits administration. Aided in recruitment by conducting phone screens and reference checks, scheduling interviews, and maintaining candidate files. Prepared and maintained HR orientation materials for new staff, and made copy and supply requests working with facilities and administration department staff. Processed benefit enrollments and made changes. Maintained, filed, and audited HR and finance files, and updated shared HR documents. Supervised month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close. Supervised journal entry, bank reconciliation, and accounts payable.
- Conducted on-boarding process and exit interviews.
- Served as liaison between employees and corporate HR.
- Guided new staff through the pre-employment process, ensuring completion of all steps, including licensure and registration information if applicable.
Cumulus Media, Memphis, Tennessee
Business Manager/HR Business Partner, 2016 – 2017
Prepared and submitted payroll for processing. Aided market employees with the administration of employee benefit plans, including, but not limited to, 401(k), medical insurance, and dental insurance. Communicated issues and concerns to the corporate HR and legal department. Directed maintenance of the EEO program, FCC-related reports, and hiring procedures. Aided in preparation of the annual budget. Submitted all-expense accruals. Led management, training, and supervision of traffic department staff, receptionists, and any other general back-office staff.
- Oversaw or acted as an EEO administrator for the market.
- Prepared information needed for monthly financial close and submission of information to corporate office by deadlines.
- Completed all monthly reports requested by the corporate office, as well as provided additional information to the corporate office as requested.
- Spearheaded day-to-day vendor relationship management and obtained approvals for all vendor invoices, general ledger coding, and processing functions related to accounts payable.
Memphis Publishing Co., Memphis, Tennessee
Calculated, verified, and recorded sales force commissions. Directed revenue analysis, accounts receivable, general ledger posting, and journal entry uploads. Administered month-to-month accounting and financial reporting, bank reconciliations, and mark-to-market accounting. Completed quarterly SOD reviews. Aided with internal and external auditing practices.
- Reduced time needed to process data flow of accounts payable tracking of cash and payment transfers by 25%.
- Reviewed, maintained, or changed Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) procedures to comply with regulations and resources.
- Ensured transactions were recorded in compliance with GAAP and established accounting policies and conventions.
- Facilitated end-to-end monthly closing, review, reconciliation, and reporting processes.
Staff Accountant/Analyst, 2007-2013
Prepared, evaluated, and maintained financial statements, budget files, and reports. Reviewed costs (accounts payable), and organized bank reconciliations, credit card accounts, and monthly internal reports. Organized detailed spreadsheets, graphs, and charts for the presentation of financial trends to managers. Administered revenue and expense forecasts to provide sound financial decisions. Aided in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing processes, ensuring transactions were in accordance with GAAP and internal policies and procedures followed.
- Improved analysis and tracking of financial accounts (cash and credit).
- Worked closely with the corporate treasury in identifying and closing open and unused local accounts still accumulating fees and interest charges.
Atrium Living Centers, Canton, Ohio, Accounting Coordinator, 2004-2006. Conducted general accounting functions, such as accounts payable and receivable. Secured facility records in an accurate manner and in compliance with set policies and procedures, as well as regulatory requirements, including tenant, personnel, and administrative records. Performed human resources tasks, including recruiting, screening, and interviewing staff. Facilitated various orientation and training, including regular staff in-services. Administered all supply purchasing to guarantee expenses were maintained within budgetary guidelines. Delivered all routine reports, as well as other requested information.
University of Phoenix, Cordova, Tennessee
B.S., Human Resource Management, 2011
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Current Member in Good Standing
Cognos PowerPlay, Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, ITAS, WorkDay, HireRight, WorkPlace, Adaptive, ExpenseSmart, SAP SuccessFactors, Paylocity, Oracle Payroll, ADP Payroll
I am an experienced Human Resouce professional available to work remotely for you! Drop me a line, I am always open to new collaborations and would love to talk about any potential projects you have in mind!
Do not hesitate to get in touch, even to just say HI! I am here to help!
Talk to you soon!Follow Me!